BUSHIDO: The Code of the Samurai – 8 Virtues of the Greatest Samurai Warriors
March 14th, 2023
The Samurai always has to rise and move on, because new challenges will come. Your mind is your best weapon.”
The Bushido: The Code of the Samurai
Our new video is based on the unwritten Samurai Code, known as the Bushido. It is the guide for the Samurai in life, battle, and death. It was the unwritten code of principles and morals, in which one must live a more balanced life of compassion, loyalty and keeping one’s honor. Though there isn’t much need for sword-wielding advice these days, the Bushido Code contains the beauty of ancient Japanese culture where there is unlimited inspiration to be found.
The following 8 Virtues from the Samurai’s Bushido, it’s Code of Ethics, can be useful in helping you better your life.
- The Bushido regards this virtue as the highest quality in the human soul. Courtesy and good manners will always be noticed by others. One with the power to command must know how to demonstrate love, sympathy and affection for others. Keep and maintain your integrity and sense of justice, even when nobody’s watching.
- True warriors have no reason to be cruel. They do not need to prove their strength to anyone but themselves. Warriors are courteous even to their enemies. Warriors are not only respected for their strength in battle, but also by their dealings with others.
- Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living. A true warrior must have heroic courage, a relentless need to realize what happiness means to them. One must live life completely and wonderfully.
- Perceiving what is right and doing it not reveals lack of courage. True courage means to find the confidence deep within yourself to continue pushing forward and overcome the challenges in front of you.
- Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. You must earn the respect of others, it is not given. When one gains power, it’s easy to become corrupted and nothing kills one faster than the corruption of the soul. The Bushido Code emphasizes that Honour is a representation of who you are, your actions, your words, your promises – they are all your worth as a person.
- After respect is earned, you can bring honour to your name and reputation. The sense of Honour, of personal dignity and worth, must be learned and valued within the samurai
- Through intense training and hard work, the true warrior becomes quick and strong. They develop a power that must be used for good. They go to help others at every opportunity.
- Justice is a core value of the Samurai. When warriors say that they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they say, they do. They reflect on what is fair and uphold the value of upstanding moral character. Without a sense of Justice, neither talent nor learning can mold a Samurai.
- Warriors are responsible for everything they have done, and all of the consequences that follow. They are loyal to all those in their care, and put their well-being as a priority. They remain loyal to those whom they are indebted and care for.
- Warriors abstain from negative temptations. The wrong and right are given, and one should know their difference. To master the ways of the Samurai means to have true patience, and bearing the unbearable.
Check out our Motiversity Quotes video on The Bushido, and subscribe with notifications on to be notified when we release new videos! Let us know in the comments what you would like to see next!
Top 24 CEO Quotes On Success!Success is a journey filled with challenges, triumphs, and invaluable lessons. Along this path, guid...Continue reading.
Top 25 Powerful Money Affirmations To Attract Success & Abundance!Welcome to the journey of financial empowerment! In the pursuit of success and abundance, the power ...Continue reading.
Top 20 “I AM” Affirmations for Abundance, Success, Confidence!In the journey to greatness, your mindset plays a crucial role. Embracing positive affirmations can ...Continue reading.
Top 27 Inspiring Quotes To Give You Strength!Are you feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders? Life’s challenges can be tough, but...Continue reading.